By signing the Sign Language Festivals 2020 (SLF2020) Exhibitor Application, you are agreeing or have agreed to the following Terms & Conditions for the Sign Language Festival 2020 event on August 29, 2020 at Brookhurst Community Center, 2271 W. Crescent Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801.
If, in the judgment of SLF2020, an exhibitor is operating contrary to the policies of SLF2020 or the Brookhurst Community Center, SLF2020 may cancel the exhibitor’s space, and the exhibitor’s fee will be forfeited. SLF2020 reserves the right to change non-rented spaces within the SLF2020 exhibit area without notice to the exhibitors. This agreement is for the use of the amount of space indicated and not for any specific location on the exhibit floor.
Deadline: Exhibit space is limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis according to the postmark of application. Payment must accompany application. SLF2020 reserves the right to accept or reject any and all applications. Completed applications with payment must be received no later than 5 days prior to the date of the event.
- SLF2020 reserves the right to exercise its sole discretion in the acceptance or refusal of applications.
- The applicant agrees that SLF2020 shall have the right to make such rules and regulations or changes in arrangements as it shall deem necessary, and to amend the same from time to time. SLF2020 shall have the final determination and enforcement of all rules, regulations and conditions.
- The event hall will be accessible for exhibitors starting at 8:00 am on the day of the event. Any space unclaimed by 8:45 a.m. on the day of the event may be resold or reassigned by the SLF2020 event manager without obligation on the part of SLF2020 for any refund whatsoever. All set-up must be completed within the two hours prior to the opening of the event, from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Exhibitors will start taking down their exhibits no later than 4:30 pm, and all exhibits and materials must be removed from the hall within one hour after the close of the event at 5:00 pm. If spaces are not vacated by 6:00 pm, SLF2020 reserves the right to remove materials from the exhibit floor and charge the expense to the participant. SLF2020 will not be liable if such removal causes damage to the materials.
- There is no smoking allowed in the SLF2020 Exhibit area nor near any entrance to the facility, during the event, set-up, or tear-down.
- Booths must be staffed during all event hours and until the official closing of the SLF2020 event, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, including during tear-down starting at 4:30 pm.
- Applicant agrees to pay all fees, charges and/or expenses covered in this agreement with submission of this application. In the event that SLF2020 is forced to seek legal remedy to collect amounts due from the applicant, all charges related to the collection of unpaid amounts will become the sole responsibility of the applicant. If an exhibitor fails to make payments upon submission of this application, no exhibitor space shall be assigned.
- SLF2020 shall supply at no charge to the participant over the regular space rental fee, the following standard decorations for each participant’s space: one eight-foot (8’) table, and two chairs per 10’ X 10’ exhibitor booth. No shipping containers may be stored in the booth space during event hours. All decorative material must be flameproof. Additional furniture can also be supplied by the exhibitor.
- SLF2020, Brookhurst Community Center, Anaheim Community Services, or any officers or staff members will not be responsible for the safety or property of participants from theft, damage by fire, accident or other causes. Participants are advised to consult their insurance broker for proper coverage on display material from the time it leaves their company’s premises until its return. Neither SLF2020 nor the Brookhurst Community Center’s management, nor any of their officers, agents, employees or representatives, shall be held accountable or liable for, and the same are hereby released from accountability or liability for any damage, loss, harm or injury to the person or any property of the applicant or any of its officers, agents, employees or other representatives, resulting from theft, fire, or other causes. Neither SLF2020 nor the Brookhurst Community Center’s management will obtain insurance against any such damage, loss, harm or injury.
- Applicant agrees to protect, save and hold harmless SLF2020, the Brookhurst Community Center and all agents and employees thereof (hereinafter collectively called Indemnities) forever harmless for any damages or charges imposed for violations of any law or ordinance, whether occasioned by the negligence of the exhibitor or those holding under the exhibitor, and further, the exhibitor shall, at all times, protect, indemnify, save and hold harmless the indemnities against and from any and all losses, costs, damages, liability or expenses (including attorney fees) arising from or out of or by reason of any accident or bodily injury or other occurrences to any person or persons, including the exhibitor, its agents, employees or business invitees, which arise from or out of or by reason of said exhibitors occupancy and use of the exhibition premises, the convention facility or any part thereof.
- No signs or articles can be affixed, nailed, or otherwise attached to walls, doors, etc., in such a manner as to damage them. All space is rented subject to these restrictions. Participant will be held liable for any damage resulting from violations of these rules.
- Promotional activity is limited to the confines of space assigned by SLF2020.
- In the event that the SLF2020 Annual Convention is canceled due to fire, strikes, government regulations, acts of God, acts of war or civil strife or other causes beyond the control of SLF2020, then SLF2020 shall not be held liable for failure to hold the Sign Language Festival 2020 event as scheduled. In such events, SLF2020, at its sole discretion, may refund part or all of exhibit fees and deposits received by SLF2020. Refunds will be limited to a maximum of the amount paid by applicant to SLF2020. In no event will SLF2020 or the Brookhurst Community Center be liable for any direct, indirect, actual, special or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to lost profits, business interruptions or other economic loss to the applicant due to cancellation of the Sing Language Festival 2020 event as scheduled.
- Display boards and other signage or high exhibits must not be placed so as to interfere with other exhibits. No construction can exceed 8’ in height. If the operation of any equipment produces noise or odors annoying or inconvenient to exhibitors or delegates, it will be necessary to discontinue such an operation. All demonstrations, interviews, or other activities must be confined to the booth. Aisles must be kept clear, and exhibits must be arranged so that participants will be inside the rented space. Exhibitors may have drawings and award prizes or gifts in their own exhibit booths. There will be no exhibitor drawings or awarding of prizes without prior approval from the SLF2020 event manager.
Cancellation: Exhibitors will have the right to cancel this agreement at any time by written notice to SLF2020. In the event of such cancellation received up to 10 days prior to the start of the Sign Language Festival 2020 event, SLF2020 will refund any rental payments already made by the exhibitor minus a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be made on cancellations received within 10 days of the start of the Sign Language Festival 2020 event.